Wieni is a home for sustainable digital talent. To support our long-standing partnerships with A-list brands, we are looking for Full-stack developers who want to make the web a better place.
Full-time, Hybrid position, Employee
As a Full-stack developer you will be responsible for building modern web applications that excel in performance and user experience. You have a broad interest in all aspects of web development and are eager to learn new technologies.
You will join a dedicated team that has been doing this for the past ten years for clients such as VRT, Play Media, DNS Belgium, UZ Leuven, Bruzz, Studio 100, De Tijd, Stad Leuven, Joker Reizen, …
- Substantial knowledge of both back-end (Node.js, GraphQL, Docker, …) and front-end (ES6+, HTML5, CSS3) development.
- API-first headless mindset, using frameworks like Next.js and platforms like DatoCMS, Firebase, Mollie, …
- Knowledge of common development best practices like unit testing, code linting, documentation, and continuous integration.
- Comfort with TypeScript is a plus, embracing types and interfaces.
- Experience with version control software (Git).
- Thinking beyond a good Google Lighthouse score, to achieve performant, accessible en SEO-optimised web applications.
- Awareness of WCAG guidelines and the ambition to create accessible Anysurfer-approved websites.
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to create user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces.
Master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or similar through work experience).
You have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in this role.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Shopify (Plus) store setup and configuration. Shopify development, including creating custom themes, apps, and integrating third-party APIs.
- A spot in our team of sustainable digital talent
- A full-time job in a 100% digital agency
- A long term engagement, not a short term project
- A 40-hour working week
- An efficient and effective communication culture - read more about how we default to asynchronous
- Remote, but depending on your location, we will look for the best ways to have quality face to face interactions if needed
- The possibility to determine when you work, with flexible working hours
- A horizontal structure with maximum responsibility
- An extensive Learning & Development programme, so you can continuously develop yourself and your capabilities
- Customers and products with impact - working towards a better and more accessible internet
- An employer with a top reputation
We work in a culture that is built for and by our employees: in collaboration & teamwork, always open & transparent, driven by empathy, inspiring, no nonsense, getting things done, with a punctual mindset.
Where & how you will work
We believe work is an activity, and not a place. We offer high flexibility when it comes to where and when you work. We default to asynchronous communication.
However, we also acknowledge the limits of asynchronous and remote communication. For certain high interaction or social connection activities, we will push for real life interaction.
Our 1-2-3 hiring process
- Send us your CV. 💡Pro tip: create a short presentation, explain it in a video using Loom and make your application stand out.
- You’re invited to a “culture check” interview
- You talk to our CTO/CEO and a future colleague