Full time, Remote position, Employee or Contractor
Wieni is a home for sustainable digital talent. With our long-standing partnerships with A-list clients, we are constantly looking for people who want to contribute to a better internet.
Are you a software developer with experience in PHP? Then you qualify as a PHP Developer at Wieni.
Wieni designs and develops web applications that excel in performance and user-friendliness. We have been doing this the past ten years for clients such as VRT, SBS Belgium, DNS Belgium, UZ Leuven, Bruzz, Studio 100, De Tijd, City of Leuven, Joker Reizen, ...
We need a strong team of backend developers to work on these web applications. Which is the reason why we are looking for reinforcement.
- PHP has no secrets for you, and you follow the updates in standards closely
- You are over the moon when arrow functions are accepted
- Of course, you can work with git and composer2
- You are used to programming for performance and usability - dealing with caching is daily business
- You do not understand why people would still develop in PHP 5.6
- You understand how to use Symfony as a backend framework
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in this job
Master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or similar through work experience).
- a spot in our team of sustainable digital talent
- A full-time job in a 100% digital agency
- A long term engagement, not a short term project
- A 40-hour working week
- An efficient and effective communication culture - read more about how we default to asynchronous
- Remote, but depending on your location, we will look for the best ways to have quality face to face with the team interactions if needed
- The possibility to determine when you work, with flexible working hours
- A horizontal structure with maximum responsibility
- An extensive Learning & Development programme, so you can continuously develop yourself and your capabilities
- Customers and projects with impact - working for a better and more accessible internet
- An employer with a top reputation
We work in a culture that is built for and by our employees: in collaboration & teamwork, always open & transparent, driven by empathy, inspiring, no nonsense, getting shit done, with a punctual mindset.
Where & how you will work
We believe work is an activity, and not a place. We offer high flexibility when it comes to where and when you work. We default to asynchronous communication.
However, we also acknowledge the limits of asynchronous and remote communication. For certain high interaction or social connection activities, we will push for real life interaction.
Our 1-2-3 hiring process
- Send us your motivation letter & CV
- You’re invited to a “culture check” interview
- You talk to our CTO and a future colleague